CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

SES P0300

Dloch

It's very cold here in Michigan as well as other places I suppose..... :unsure: . I drove the car to where I had to go and didn't notice anything wrong. Checked for a code after I got home and it showed up as a P0300, engine misfire detected... no cylinder though. i.e. P0301-P0308. I reset the code by pulling the PCM fuses. What is the correct way to reset a 97STS?

Next question.... was gone all week down south and the car sat outside at the Detroit airport. When I got into it and started then got out again to clean the 2 inches of ice off the windshield and rear window the car would idle and then race up, then go to an idle and race up... kept doing that until I got in and drove it home ...

Any ideas???

Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis

Clear the codes by simultaneously pressing and holding the off & warmer buttons til all segments of the DIC light up as a check. After all the codes are displayed it will ask "PCM?", answer yes with the hi fan speed button. Use the LO button to answer no til you get to "Clear Codes?" then answer yes. After that I think reset exits the system but I am not positive but You can just turn off the ignition to exit the system.

Note sure about the idle problem, perhaps it was just happy to see you :)

Thanks for the reset info Larry, hopefully Bill may read this and have an answer. Obviously the PCM is looking for something to change that wasn't changing fast enough when the car was that cold.

It might have been happy to see me, but i wasn't happy to see it as it was 14 degree's and it had 2 inches of snow and ice on it. I eventually had to stop a dollar car was to get the ice off so I could see out the windows and make the windows roll down. Everything was froze. :blink: Couldn't open the trunk either....

Dennis

Dennis

Archived