CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

park lock

Hello there, really need help from, the wizards on partnumbers. I have to replace a park lock (under the shifter) since its kinda defect, makes clicking sounds when shifting up and down, can also feel it if i hold my hand on the shifter. Unfortunately the workshop (official gm workshop) seems not to be able to locate the part or partnumber, so Im hoping here, that someone can help me out???

regards

henrik

Sweden

Hello there, really need help from, the wizards on partnumbers. I have to replace a park lock (under the shifter) since its kinda defect, makes clicking sounds when shifting up and down, can also feel it if i hold my hand on the shifter. Unfortunately the workshop (official gm workshop) seems not to be able to locate the part or partnumber, so Im hoping here, that someone can help me out???

regards

henrik

Sweden

I'll try to help but during the search it's asking me for your engine VIN code. Is it 9 or Y?

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

regards

henrik

Sweden

I'll try to help but during the search it's asking me for your engine VIN code. Is it 9 or Y?

The only thing I found in my service manual (92 Seville) is a park/lock control cable.

I can call the dealership tomorrow to get the part number, but I need the VIN. Send me an e-mail from this site with the full VIN and I'll get it for you.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

info will come when i get back with my dogs

regards

henrik

Sweden

I called the parts department at Brogen Cadillac in Ridgewood, New Jersey

Park/Lock control cable:

GM part# 25732183

and according to the parts department, the part number is the same regardless of engine code.

Hope this helps.

Hey marike

thank you for your service, the Gm mechanic told me theres was several models available, however he told me that he could not find the one that will match my car

so thats why i need a new one from the states instead, Ill try to go to a website and see if they will confirm it works on my car, however i can provide you my win number. As far as i remember the mechanic told me it was some kind of cable on the part that was somehow interferring in the console so i could hear and feel it

let me know if you want my winnumber

regards

Henrik

Sweden

Don't need the VIN, according to the dealership, it's one part number, regardless of VIN number.

Let your mechanic check the part number, but it should work.

Hey Marika

thanks for you help, I see I can get the part for about 50$, but ill give the part number to my mechanic, whos actually a really cool guy, installed my corsa system for less than 100$, now it finally have that hotrod sound

regards

henrik

Sweden

Just don't paint it pink whatever you do....LOLOL!!!!! ;):lol:

Archived