CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Put it in Reverse.., and it rolls :(

Bentham

Hi guys. Remember me? :) It's been a long time since I've posted here, although I still check it semi-daily to see whats going on. But working 60-70 hrs/wk, leaves little time for this, sadly.

Anyway, I've stumbled on a new problem and it has happened the past two days when I go and start my car.

I start the car up.., it starts up just fine - Shift into REVERSE, and it seems as though it goes into NEUTRAL instead. I can shift in the other gears fine, but REVERSE just WON'T work! I have to shut the car off, and turn it back on -- then everything is back to normal! I can guess this is anything but good.., but any help would be great.

Glad the board is still going strong!

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

I also want to add that the day before this, I was backing up, and it stalled. Hasn't done it since. My brother asked me 'how the hell do you stall an automatic? ' :)

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

The only input I can give is this is the same problem I had on a TH-200-C transmission in an '84 Oldsmobile. Anyone with a 200-C knows the typical failure mode is loss of reverse. I had to have it rebuilt.

The TFWD transmission in your Seville is much different obviously, and I'd say it may or may not need a rebuild. I've never heard of anything good coming from a transmission that refused to move while in gear. All the "common sense" items check out, like full/fresh fluid, non-clogged filter, etc?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived