CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

mountaindrew@email.com

need info on tire condition and price! Thanks!

tires are not brand new, but not bald either. I was ridding on them and still would of had my car not broke down on me. They have never been curved. No brake dust damage or flaking of chrome. email me at avalancheroofing@yahoo.com and I will send you more pics or just post your email and I will send them to you. I check site several times a day. My contact number is 281-701-0488

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cardio Doc

Yes, I paid already. Sent him a money order on June 29th. Now no answer to phone calls or emails. I talked to him on the phone and emailed several times before sending money, sounded like a good guy?? Now does not answer phone voice mail, even had it not receiving incoming calls at one point!

I was close to buying that set of wheels but didn't. I was just a little busy and the deal didn't exactly 'feel' right. If things were slower at the time/I was more bored, I probably would have gone for it. The reason I asked if you paid was I was going to find his phone number but I guess you already have it if you spoke with him on the phone.

In a week or two - try calling him with your phone number blocked. Also trying calling from a different area code if possible. Obviously he's 'screening' your calls.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

cardio-doc

whoa... i almost bought those too. he files insurance claims on other people behalfs after a hail storm. sounded kinda young... we've spoken numerous times about the wheels and work and stuff. i don't think i have any old pms, or i could tell you where he lived! hope he comes through for ya, sounded like a good guy to me too?!

I had e-mailed him and he had e-mailed me back on June 24th. He was going to check on a price to ship the wheels to Canada but had never gotten back to me. I had also phoned him and left a bunch of messages but to no avail. Keep trying, hope it turns out for you :) .

BTW, if I were you, I'd call the City of Houston (if that’s where he is really from) and find out if he is a resident. Tell them your predicament and ask if they have another phone number on record for him...worth a shot ;) . If that turns up nothing I would phone the Houston Police Department and see if they have anyone on file by that name. Good luck.

City of Houston Switchboard: (713) 837-0311

City of Houston Police: (713) 884-3131

Spence

You should be able to find out where that phone exchange is. Call the local Police or Sheriff's Department and report a possible theft. Let them knock on is door. That alone may be enough for you to get your wheels and tires,your money back or at least know that law enforcement will be pursuing it. May sound funny - but if this was a scam/intentional rip off it could be considered a federal crime as it was inter-state. The telephone company security folks on his end might also be interested in the facts as he used his phone to help him line up this deal. Good luck.

Here is something you really must do. Sorry I didn't think to mention this before. Only takes a few minutes and could very well work...

FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL IN HIS HOME STATE (TEXAS)

I bought 2 sets of wheels from a supposed tire store in Arizona last February. Sent the money - got nothing. No response to e-mails, screening phone calls. Zip, Zilch, Nada. I was out over $600 and I fumed. Tried a few online sources including fraud.org and found little love. I don't know what possessed me to look into the Attorney General's office for his state but I did and filed a complaint. A Sh*tstorm of paperwork must have started coming his way, because about four weeks after I filed the complaint (in April), the wheels suddenly appeared without explanation. I had forgotten about the online complaint I had filed and was baffled as to why - now over 3 months after paying - did the wheels appear? I had nothing and no leverage and they just came out of the blue. Then, a few weeks after that (in June), I received a thick envelope from the Attorney General's office explaining their investigation. This is when I deduced the what initially had rained down on the perpetrator. Included in this paperwork, was documentation of the wheels he had shipped to me just a few weeks prior. He was scared of the state and shipped the wheels when they contacted. This what I've figured out. Then he produced evidence of said shipment in response to the state's inquiry. So ultimately, my online complaint with the Attorney General, is what got me the wheels.

I've retrieved the webpage for you - just go to it!

http://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/complain.shtml

Let us know how you make out. Best of luck.

~Doc

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let everyone know I received a full refund with interest on the wheels today with an apology for the delay. Seller claimed he had a death in the family and someone stole his cell phone also. My thanks to all of you for your advice in the matter.

Archived