CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

front door panel removal

both windows on passenger side of my 2001 deville fell into the door on the first day of below zero weather. motors still work but I need to remove door panels to try and fix . can't seem to get started any suggestions

The little plastic panel behind the door handle needs to come off to get to the only screw. It is held in place with velcro. After that pry the plastic perimeter fasteners loose. Then lift.

You'll find the plastic tab the the cable is attached to broken. Common on the pop 'n drop windows. Best thing to do is fabricate a metal one and use some JB Weld on the cable.

The little plastic panel behind the door handle needs to come off to get to the only screw. It is held in place with velcro. After that pry the plastic perimeter fasteners loose. Then lift.

You'll find the plastic tab the the cable is attached to broken. Common on the pop 'n drop windows. Best thing to do is fabricate a metal one and use some JB Weld on the cable.

thanks Ranger, this weekend weather looks good. I'll be heating up my garage and dig in.

BTW, don't try to reverse the procedure to install the panel. Remove the 2 center retainers from the door and slid them on their mounting points. You'll never accomplish this with them attached to the door. Then instead of lowering the door into place, you press it straight onto the retainers. It'll make a lot more sense when you see it.

Archived