CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

From time to time i have to try twice or more for my car to start. i have done a complete tun-up and today i changed the battery. But still No solution. The battery is showing 14.6 volts

And the car goes off everytime i stop @ the red light or in a traffic

Please help

There might be clue or two stored in the Diagnostic Trouble Codes. Here is how to display them;

http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

You are most interested in "P" codes.

i have been to the website. Too many codes and i really donot know what to do with them. Need more assistance on what to look, anything to fix or some programing i can do myself without going to the shop

Clear the codes and see what comes back. They may give you and us a clue as to what to tell you.

Dying at every stop might be a TCC not disengaging or a stuck open EGR valve, either of which should set a DTC.

Clear the codes and see what comes back. They may give you and us a clue as to what to tell you.

Dying at every stop might be a TCC not disengaging or a stuck open EGR valve, either of which should set a DTC.

all codes have been cleared. and as of now, the DTC is showing : No ADS codes, no msm codes and so on. all codes cleared.

What do i need to do to check on TCC not disengaging or the stuck open EGR?

Thank you all for your help,

Another question: if i change the battery, do i have to reset or no?

Had the same problem , Its usually the crankshaft posistion sensors. The n requires 2parts They are about 70 bucks at autozone make sure parts come from Japan . One s From mexico were defective!

Thanks, it is exactly the case, i went to buy then this afternoon and a caddy mechanic fixed it for a hefty price. Labor is 250. But it is working. I am just getting back from a test drive and it is working fine.

Are you having a lot of problems with your caddy? I baught this car about 2 byears ago, love it but a bit scared on maintenace cost if a major problem occurs.

Archived