CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cleaning leather

Canada's largest automotive supply chain, Canadian Tire has just delisted my favourite leather cleaner and conditioner namely the Tannery in the aerosol can.

Needless to say I am not to happy about this as I believe the sole reason for the delisting is to get me and other Tannery fans to switch to the higher priced Simonize, Meguiars and Mothers brands.

Before I convert however I would like to hear your view on the Tannery if you are familiar with it or on the brand you use if you can reccomend it.

Many thanks

Hey CanadianCaddy,

I have used the Tannery stuff before and I remember it being real easy to use, but I actually prefer Zymol which CanTire used to carry but discontinued and now carry again (If I remember correctly). It is a two step process which does a better job at cleaning the leather and making it supple again. Give it a try, I am sure you will like it.

Cheers!

Alfred

Cleaning: Here is what a leather supplier has to say--

http://www.eagleottawa.com/leather/care.html

Conditioning: Mink Oil is my 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice (try it on your skin!). Otherwise, most any perfumed product will do the job for a few months.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

If by "delisting" you mean they don't stock it any more, try looking around the internet. My Pep Boys store no longer carries No. 7 auto polish (not necessarily the greatest stuff in the world, it's just what I'm used to using). I found some on the internet and bought two or three cans. I won't have to worry about that problem again for years!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Archived