CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Same '92 Seville, another topic...

My overheating problems have finally been traced down to leaky hose connections at highway speed...I have replaced all of the hoses, and re-tightened them now. The temp is almost normal, I still have one that comes from around the power steering pump, toward the top front of the engine, it's a metal pipe looking thing, (about 1/4 to 3/8" Dia.) it then goes down behind the serpintine belt in front of the engine, continues underneath to the front lower corner of the radiator, connects to a rubber style hose (about 1/2" or so dia) underneath the radiator , goes across the front underside of the frame, over to the otherside of the car into a small separate radiator (which is in front of the primary radiator, about 5x9" looks like an oil cooler on an older motorcycle), another hose comes out the other side and goes off into somewhere. What is this line? I think I have a little leak at the connection to the rubber hose part...not bad but enough though. Any help would be appreciated... 1992 Seville STS, 4.9L 146k miles... :blink:

I think that is the trans line and the "small separate radiator" might be the trans fluid cooler. I'm not positive as it has been a while since I've had a 4.9.

Could be, but the darn thing is a one way line...maybe there is a return line somewhere else. The "little radiator" could pass for a small tranny cooler... one line coming into the cooler, and one going out the other side. There could be another line running to the tranny from the rear thogh..wish I had a lift to check it out...I'll dig through my Clymer Book (read useless) and see if anything is there...Thanks for the reply!

Archived