CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2000 dts cold start noise

Hello all, new member here. I am a former Lincoln owner (2 mark 8's) and have recently landed a 00 dts black on black.It is probaly the most beautiful car I have ever owned. The northstar engine is superb. I am a car salesman and have driven EVERYTHING out there and I must say the 2000 + version of these Caddys is the greatest blend of luxuary and performance I have seen from the U.S.

With that having been said ,the only concern I have is a tapping\knocking noise I encounter when it is first started on a cold day. It lasts about 2minutes and then is as smooth and quiet as ever. It did cut off once while warming up but once I start driving she is fine.

I don't baby the car I do WOT's about once a week as 85% of my commute is highway. Oil changes are religious and she burns no less than 92 octane. Anyone have any insight on this? I would sure appreciate it ,Thanks guys !!

You've pretty much ruled out cold carbon rap with the frequent WOT. I was going to suggest that the AIR pump was going bad, but that only runs for about 40 seconds on cold starts.

BTW, no need for 92 octane.

Archived