CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97 Deville overheating and smoking

Hey guys, my 97 Deville has been overheating. It is blowing white smoke out of the exaust and I can smell antifreeze. I'm thinking it's probably a head gasket. How much do you think it will cost to get it fixed? What else do you guys think it could possibly be? How much do you think it will cost? I just don't want to go to a shop and let them know I have no clue what I'm talking about and have them soak me.

Hey guys, my 97 Deville has been overheating. It is blowing white smoke out of the exaust and I can smell antifreeze. I'm thinking it's probably a head gasket. How much do you think it will cost to get it fixed? What else do you guys think it could possibly be? How much do you think it will cost? I just don't want to go to a shop and let them know I have no clue what I'm talking about and have them soak me.

Any codes? If so, please list them.

From previous posts on this site, some folks have done their own head gaskets with success.

Search the archives and read the threads to get a feel for what's involved. Some folks have posted prices which I guess can vary from dealer to dealer, shop to shop, area to area.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived