CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

99 seville trunk motor fuse number?

txcaddyman

can someone give me the fuse number for the trunk motor because mine (99 seville sls) does not close all the way and i think it might be the fuse. i am looking at the owner's manual and for the life of me i do not see the fuse number for this device. i see #26 for the fuel door/trunk release but that's it. thanks for any help into this matter.

Can you hear the trunk motor running at all?

It might not be the fuse, I've seen a thread or two on here with instructions on adjusting/lubing the trunk motor so it works again.

I'll try finding that thread, someone with experience with this issue might reply as well.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

Most likely your switch needs replacing. They're fairly inexpensive and can be had at places such as Napa. Remove the 2 retaining screws and unhook the wire harness clip and install new one. The first time my trunk got stuck like yours it turned out that the post of the pull down hook was sticking. A liberal dose of WD-40 cured it. The second time it turned out to be the switch. I understand that the motor, itself, should run "forever" and the usual culprit is the switch.

Found that info from Regis

If that doesn't help please ask more questions and I'm sure someone will chime in. I don't have any experience with the trunk motor.

:welcomesmiley:

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

can someone give me the fuse number for the trunk motor because mine (99 seville sls) does not close all the way and i think it might be the fuse. i am looking at the owner's manual and for the life of me i do not see the fuse number for this device. i see #26 for the fuel door/trunk release but that's it. thanks for any help into this matter.

As far as I know there are no trunk motors on the 1998 Seville and newer, at least not on the export models. The closing of the trunk on these models are all manual.

;)

Bengt Olsson

Cadillac Club Sweden

99 STS Vogue Gold Edition

Corsa cat-back w gold tips

Archived