CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

94 Eldo emblem mystery

kcd1184

I am looking at a picture of the trunk on my new '94' Eldo coup, as yet to be picked up. There is an emblem in the lower right hand corner that I thought was a business advertisement, but on closer scrutiny it looks like it might read Limited Edition or Special Edition. Anyone have any information on this?

Kent

Is your Eldorado a convertible? There is a 94 convertible, which I believe is a limited edition model. I saw a photo of one on Ebay with the top down—nice car.

MAC

Is there a factory convertable for the northstar equipped eldo's (93? and on) I had always heard of the after market convertables...but a factory edition...that would be a find.

A.J.

acklac7,

Now that you ask if the convertible I saw is factory, I think I was mistaken. I thought I saw what looked to be a 94 factory convertible on Ebay, but I found the one I probably saw, which is a 99’ aftermarket convertible:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2479169697

Here is a 93 Eldorado convertible. It looks like this also is not a factory model, but it’s real nice anyway:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/342113

MAC

My dad claims he saw a once saw a 89-92 eldo convertable......when was the last year of the (factory) eldo convertables....85?...btw....my dream car is: my car, with a convertable hard top, rwd, 500+hp V8 with a big ol' stick in the center...I WILL build this in years to come....just wait.

A.J.

Dealerships often randomly did convertible conversions on the cars when they were new and charges 30k extra or something for the work. It was ever really documented since it was on an individual basis, but they pop up every once in a while. I was looking one on eBay a while ago to buy, but figured that the drive to and from Florida wouldn't be that fun.

Archived