CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac gets creamed by a train

Marika

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=e...2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkz

Had the driver been in a smaller car, or a Japanese car, she would probably be in serious condition or dead. The other question I have is why to New Jersey drivers ignore railroad crossing signals? In the town where I live, we nicknamed the railroad crossing, "The Bermuda triangle of NJ Transit", cars go in, but they don't come out.

Driver slightly hurt in train collision

Friday, May 21, 2004

HASBROUCK HEIGHTS - A driver came out of a collision with a train Thursday with only minor injuries, an NJ Transit officials said.

Christina Amaral, 29, of Belleville was taken to a hospital after complaining of pain in her neck and back after a commuter train struck the rear of her Cadillac Escalade about 6:30 p.m., said Penny Bassett Hackett, an NJ Transit spokeswoman.

Amaral received a summons for failing to obey a railroad crossing warning device, Bassett Hackett said.

"As traffic built up, she was on the tracks," Bassett Hackett said. "This is why we tell drivers to make sure there is enough room to completely clear a railroad crossing before proceeding to the other side of the tracks."

The train, bound for Spring Valley from Hoboken, was approaching Malcolm Avenue, when its engineer saw the vehicle and was able to slow the train, Bassett Hackett said.

- Yung Kim

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Poor Escalade. :(

LOL!!!!!! I had the same thought....LOLOL!!!!! :lol:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived