CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1995 Seville radiator change out

thebadguy

Hi guys,

I have to change my radiator this weekend on my 1995 seville SLS. It's leaking out of the plastic on the side. Is there anything I should know before I start this so I don't get myself in a bind?? Im going to be oiling down all my tranny lines tonight. Any help would be great!!

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Hi guys,

I have to change my radiator this weekend on my 1995 seville SLS. It's leaking out of the plastic on the side. Is there anything I should know before I start this so I don't get myself in a bind?? Im going to be oiling down all my tranny lines tonight. Any help would be great!!

Thanks in advance,

Jason

If its like my 96 Eldo there are some gotchas to look for:

Lower oil line on the passenger side line might be a snap or swedgelock type connector. Just pinch the tabs together by hand to release and make sure the o ring stays with it. Might have to replace the O ring and you will need to transfer the female fitting to the new radiator.

The AC lines to the evaporator are bolted to the radiator on the driver side. Need to remove the small screw that holds them in place and i doubt you will ever get it back. I used a zip strip.

Cover the traction control module connector before removing hoses

Strongly Recommend:

Replace all the O rings

Replace the upper and lower radiator hose

Consider 02 sensor while fans are out

Consider alternator while the radiator is out

Check oil filter housing connections

Get the Coolant Tabs from GM and add 2 to the upper hose before buttoning it up.

It takes about 4 hours from start to finish Good Luck !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived