CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Drivers seat has mind of its own!

danbuc

Lately now, more than ever before I go to get back into my car and the drivers seat has moved around on me. It only seems to be the back rest portion of the seat which moves forward by about four or five inches. I go to hit memory position one and nothing happens. It beeps and every adjustment other than moving the seat back rest works fine. This sucks because for about ten minutes until it starts working again I am practically sitting in the steering wheel which is most uncomfortable. This leads me to believe that the seat memory module located underneath is malfunctioning. Does anyone happen to know how much this might cost to replace? Thanks

I don't know about cost but I have had a similar problem with my passenger seat. FWIW, it seemed to happen only when I had the seat in the rearward most position (up against the stops). Since I moved it forward, 1/2" maybe, it has not happened again. BTW, I do not have the memory option.

I HAVE A SPARE MEMORY MODULE WHICH ORIGINALLY WAS ON A 96 ELDO. I REMOVED IT WHEN I INSTALLED THE 96 SEATS IN MY 92 ELDO.CHECK WITH A DEALER TO SEE IF ITS THE SAME MODULE I COULD SEND TO YOU IF YOU WANT YOU PAY SHIPPING.

Thanks careldo, that would be great. Let me check with the dealer tomorrow when I take it in for servicing. If its the same, I would gladly pay the shipping cost. Probably alot cheaper than buying a new one. :D

Archived