CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

a/c and cooling fan question.........

can anyone tell me whats wrong with my car..first of all my a/c wasn't blowing out cold air, i put 2 cans of freon 134-a and still no cold air.....as i was looking in under the hood i noticed that my cooling fan wasn't turning and my a/c compressor wasn't working....So I disconnected the battery to restart the comp. well i turned the car back on and the cooling fan and a/c compressor kicked in and were working but still no cold air. I turned the car back off and on again, then the same thing happened the cooling fan & compressor were'nt working again. anyone know why it does that? I also went to go get my car checked and the guy told me that the a/c was overcharged and that it put out 12 codes...

PCM

P0603

P1626

IP

B1552

B2710

AC

B1983

SD

B1163

U1096

U1064

TC

C1255

PZ

B1552

B1558

B2470

B2470

Anyone know whats wrong with it.....and why my cooling fan or compressor are not working

I am not sure about your problem but if you put in 2 cans when it really didn't need it, it would be overfilled and I am sure that would cause some problems & codes. When you took it in, did they bleed down the system? If so, what happened?

when i took it in the guy had told me that it was overcharged and that they can recharge the system for $80.00... i also checked what the codes mean from this site

PCM

P0603 - Control Module Long Term Memory Reset

P1626 - Theft Deterrent Fuel Enable Signal Not Recieved

IP

B1552 - Keep Alive Memory(KAM) Error

B2710 - PASSKey Open/Shorted Pellet

AC

B1983 - Device Power Circuit Low

SD

B1163 - Loss of Serial Data - No Lamp Responce

U1096 - Loss of Communications With IPC

U1064 - Loss of Communications With DIM

TC

C1255 - EBCM Internal Malfunction

PZ

B1552 - Keep Alive Memory(KAM) Error

B1558 - BCM EPROM Checksum Error

B2470 - Daytime Running Lamps Fault

B2470 - Cellular Phone Antenna Circuit (2000+)

i'm also having trouble with the alarm system everyonce in awile when i unlock the driver side door it wont unlock any other doors and when i turn the car on the alarm goes off for like a minute then stops....i can also here a clicking noise coming from the back fuses somewhere

Many of those codes are expected after the battery is disconnected. I would check for poor grounds and power connections with a voltmeter, starting at the battery. If the refrigerant system is overcharged or there's an internal blockage, it's possible the compressor is being disabled because of excessive high-side pressure. Was the A/C cooling at any point? What's the service history?

Archived