CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Tune up

Jan Olsson

I made some general tune up on my STS the other day.

Changed plugs, plug wires and air filter. Will change alternator (because I´ve got flickering lights and a bearing sound from it) and fuel filter this weekend.

Have ordered a EGR-valve since it is rattling bad too (propably causing rough idle because it rattles only when I have rough idle)

Will get a new high mount stop lamp and a new grille emblem (hope it will fit) and some other things that I´ve wanted for a while so it will be as good as new soon :rolleyes:

I went to Malmö (a town near Lund where I live) to get the parts and when I returned home there was this Volvo behind me, a Volvo S80 T6 with twin turbos and 272 hp.

I changed to the inner lane to let him pass by and when I did he floored his car and looked at me like I was in his way...

Of course I had to show him that I was only nice to him when I was letting him pass by so I floored it too.

And of course I knew that I was lacking some power beacuse the reason I ordered plugs and wires was because I had some misfireing and lack of power recently.

He was accelerating hard but I kept the distance and suddenly the distance between us was decreasing so finally I had to let my foot off the accelerator.

When I did I noticed this sharp bend on the road and thought "Where the hell am I? I don´t know any sharp bends around here?" but when I looked on my speedometer I was driving in 130 mph so that explained a lot for me ;)

After I changed plugs, wires and air filter I increased my avg mpg by at least 10 % (I will verify that on a 300 mile trip this weekend), returned the low-end torque and got rid of some hesitation on light throttle too!

Thanks everyone for a great resource on the net!

This is the only site I´ve visited that have actually helped me.

For instance when I did the "shift solenoid job" and when I got the US setting on my instrument panel cluster. :)

Hey Jan, glad you got that tune up, because all a Volvo should ever see is an STS's tailpipes ;)

Where was the darn thing when you looked down and read 130?

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Well it was right ahead of me but he wouldn´t change lane and let me pass by.

I still had some power left but he didn´t

But now after my tune up he´ll have to race with other Volvos ;)

But now after my tune up he´ll have to race with other Volvos ;)

There you go Jan, got to keep those Volvos and the like in thier places...In your rear view mirror, where they'll always remember you... B)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Archived