CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Little orange engine light on

Comming back from the city today and the littls orange engine light came on. Pulled two history codes IPC U1016 and PCM P0106. No current codes. Looked up the codes and it seems to me they arn't related to the little orange light. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place or it is true...I am clueless on the relation of codes to the little light. Car has been running great. No other codes or messages on the DIC. Any ideas? Car was serviced about 600 miles ago. Looked at codes last week and there were none.

Thanks in advance

Rick

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

U1016 - Loss of Communications with PCM

P0106 - Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) System Performance

Loss of Communications is not uncommon; many timing issues between computers and one of the clock cycles could have been lost.

MAP system could also be a timing glitch. Clear the codes and see if they return.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Thanks JIMD. I will clear the codes and see what happens. BTW the light is still on after restrarting the car a few times. I'll clear the codes and see if the light goes out.

Thanks

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Cleared the codes and the light has gone out. Thanks a ton. Owe you a beer. The dealer probibly would have charged me a few hundred to do that.

Rick

Cleared the codes and the light has gone out. Thanks a ton. Owe you a beer. The dealer probibly would have charged me a few hundred to do that.

Rick

Save your beer money; I "might" be on a ferry headed to Alaska one day and you could throw one at me.

I have learned from experience that nuisance trouble codes do occur for no obvious / easily explained reason. However, the occurence of nuisance codes can be reduced to near zero by pausing the ignition key at the ON position for a heartbeat before going to START.

Timing, timing, timing.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Well I just tip a cool Coors Light now and think of you. :P

PO106=Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance Problem

This would definitely set off the check engine light. Could be something as simple as a vacuum hose thats bad or diconnected

Archived