CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

stumble

LACLUV

hi on my 95 sedan deville i have a engine stumble only when idling. Its does it both in both park and drive. Does anyone know whether or not the power steering pressure switch could cause this, do to the fact that it is suppose to stop the engine from stumbling or stalling when turning the wheel. the engine stumbles all the time, no matter what direction the wheels are turned toward. if anyone one could help thanks........ B)

I am having the same problem on my 93 STS. What my dad and I are thinking is that I might have an injector going bad. Mine will be fine for the first 5 seconds at a light then the stumble will kick in. While looking through the diagnostics it shows that one of the engine banks goes into lean while the other will hold steady... right as it goes into lean it starts to stumble. We are thinking it does this because it has 196,000 miles on it and I had cleanes the injectors since getting it at 117,000. So my question to you is this... after a run down the road at a good speed does it do it right away when you come to a stop? or after a few seconds? also have you checked things like plugs and wires? my plugs were bad after 70,000. this is with a bit of WOT to "clean" the car out.

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

I was wondering about the o2 but I have never replaced them and I am not getting any codes. Did it send codes for you..

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

yes it did. i got a P0140 and another that i cant remember. if one bank of the engine is running rich or lean i would definitely suspect a problem with either an O2 sensor, a connection, or an injector problem. my car was doing the exact same thing. it ran fine but when you stopped at a light it would start stubling. almost like it didnt fire on one cylinder

Archived