CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Idle speed control motor

lothos

Shopping at rockauto.com right now with my discount code (see signature)

Needing a new ISC motor, mine has been causing rough idle especially in the mornings. Two days ago when I pulled into work the RPM was fluctuating and the car actually died. I tried adjusting it but it still hunts after shutdown.

Looks like I have three options

Standard motor products (tru-tech) $56

Standard motor products $110

or there's an Airtex Idle Speed Control Actuator for $83. looks the same in the picture as the other two.

I was told the tru tech one wasn't as good as the standard motor one for $110, but waht about the Airtex for $83?

Anyone have experience with any of these? I'd prefer ACDelco but they don't appear to have one.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

I just found this listed under Idle Air Control for my year and model:

ACDELCO Part # 217425 More Info {#17112866}

ACTUATOR,THROT BODY IDLE SPD CONT

$88 bucks. I think I'll get the ACDelco, going to look in their catalog first and see if it's the right thing. The picture looks right.

EDIT: It appears that's the right part number for my ISC. I ordered it. Sorry to post a topic when I found the answer myself, I'll have to check it out better next time :lol:

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

Archived