CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

98 deville power windows

my 98 deville i cannot get the power windows to go up only down i replaced the switch on the passengers door which is the side that will not go up the rest all work fine

i also replaced the motor on that side to still they will not go up

i have replaced the drivers side control panel 2 times before because of the same problem with that window

could that control panel be the reason the right side will only go down not up

this car has 117000 miles on it i think 3 master panels are a little much really

has anyone had this same problem also

gordon

hi gordon,

i am having that exact same problem on my 97 deville the windows on the passenger side will roll down but not up. sometimes though the control on the passenger side will roll up the window. i have not tried to fix it yet but the first thing i would do is buy a panel which you have already done. so i am wondering if that would even fix mine. ????

You could try taking the door panel off and seeing if any wires are pinched or shorted. My passenger side window wouldn't roll up after going down, and I played with the rubber connector between the door and body and that seemed to fix it.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

• 3 weeks later...
You could try taking the door panel off and seeing if any wires are pinched or shorted. My passenger side window wouldn't roll up after going down, and I played with the rubber connector between the door and body and that seemed to fix it.

==========================================================

Well i got it fixed

i replaced the window motor and the switch But it did not fix it SO i tore apart the master control panel took the switches apart and sprayed contact cleaner in them ALL reinstalled it and it works perfect now

Thanks everyone for the help

gordon

Archived