CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

bypass amp

LACLUV

i have a 2001 deville with a pioneer DEH-P680MP HEAD UNIT. the speakers continue to fade in and out. sometimes the sound comes from the front speakers or the back speakers or all speakers but not the subwoofer. i checked the dash codes and keep gettin an amp fault code. I was considering bypass the amp but i want to know will it cause my subwoofer to stop working if i do.

i have a 2001 deville with a pioneer DEH-P680MP HEAD UNIT. the speakers continue to fade in and out. sometimes the sound comes from the front speakers or the back speakers or all speakers but not the subwoofer. i checked the dash codes and keep gettin an amp fault code. I was considering bypass the amp but i want to know will it cause my subwoofer to stop working if i do.

do you mean run all your speakers to your head unit? or to an aftermarket amp?

to the head unit

to the head unit

i doubt that the head unit will put out enough power to handle all of the speakers. you will loose alot of sound quality. have you checked all of your speaker and amp wires to see if there is any damaged wireing?

Archived