CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Climate Control

caf7

I have looked and can't seem to find any info on this particular problem. I have a 1998 base model DeVille. I just noticed today that the heat on the drivers side is working fine but the passenger side just blows cold not matter what you do. The temperature adjustment on the passenger side door doesn't seem to make any difference. I would appreciate any help from anyone who knows what may be causing this problem.

Thanks, Chris

If you remove the hush panel on the right side you can look up behind the glove box. There are 2 actuators there with rods attached to them that open and close the air mix doors. There is an upper and a lower but I forget which is for drivers side and which is for passenger side. If you are looking up at them from the contorted possition you will have to get into, you should see them move when someone else changes the temp setting. You should also only see one more when you change the passenger setting.

I often notice a temperature differential in mine also. Usually when using the A/C. I have not been able to locate the problem but I cure it simply by running the temp up to 90, then back down to 70. From that point on both sides remain the same.

Glad I was able to help. Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like thats what my problem is except I can free mine from the temp control.

Archived