CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Programing my system

Can anyone tell me how I can get my system programed What I mean is when I use my key fob on my screen it comes up as driver 1 and my wifes driver 2 I have read that you can have this programed with your names but it dose not tell you how. I purchased my DTS from a GMC dealer and they have no idea how this programing can be done, I do not have a Caddy dealer that I go to and do not want to be taken to the bone to have this done is there anyone in the New Bedford Ma area that can help my get this done or tell me what I need to do it myself.

Thanks

Mark

2005 Deville DTS glacer white

:bluesbrothers:

Can anyone tell me how I can get my system programed What I mean is when I use my key fob on my screen it comes up as driver 1 and my wifes driver 2 I have read that you can have this programed with your names but it dose not tell you how. I purchased my DTS from a GMC dealer and they have no idea how this programing can be done, I do not have a Caddy dealer that I go to and do not want to be taken to the bone to have this done is there anyone in the New Bedford Ma area that can help my get this done or tell me what I need to do it myself.

Thanks

Mark

2005 Deville DTS glacer white

:bluesbrothers:

My guess is that yours is similar to my 2004 DTS.

Having a name instead of Driver 1 or Driver 2 displayed, needs to be done by the dealer; it should not cost anything, but you should arrange for an appointment.

There are many things that can be set for the different drivers, I will try to get you started.

Insert Driver key 1, Turn to On, DO Not Start.

. Position seat to normal driving position.

. Position steering wheel to preferred position (in/out and up/down).

. On the driver's door press and hold SET button until you hear a tone, the press and hold the 1 button

.Turn off and remove key.

These few item are now set for Driver 1, repeat the instructions for Driver 2, using the Driver 2 key bob.

. On the driver's door press and hold SET button until you hear a tone, the press and hold the 2 button

Do you have the owner's manual package that is usually kept in the glove compartment?

If not, I can scan mine, to give you more info on the many additional settings that you will want to make.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Yep have the manuel and have set the settings you just talked about also have radio set to stations I like and she has her setting set as well just wish that it came up with the names and not just driver 1 or 2 having your name there just makes it a lettle more personal and more yours than just driver 1 if you know what I mean.

Mark

Archived