CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97 deville concours security/starting problem

A little longer to crank? I wonder if the primary fuel pump relay is not engaging at that time, and the car is using the oil sensor as a backup? - when you turn the key (to on - do not engage starter) do you hear the fuel pump run for ^3 seconds? The symptom you describe now sounds like this scenario.

Quick update for you guys. Its been 3 days now and no problems starting the car at all. Hopefully I got the problem figured out and can once again enjoy my beautiful Caddy without worrying if its going to leave me stranded or not. I re wired the ignition switch harness without any resistors in it and the thing is good as new, so far. Keep your fingers crossed and Ill keep you posted. Thanks for your help

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys heres the update on my intermittent starting problem. Its been 3 weeks now and I havent had a single problem with my car starting since I cleaned the large wiring connection under the hood near the fuse/relay center. I am going to call this one a success for now. Thank you for all the helpful tips and advice. By the way Im getting a message on my DIC that says "stability reduced" and thank god theres no more snow here so the roads are dry, any ideas what is involved or could cause that message?

Archived