CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

DTS rims on an STS? Will it fit?

n0rthstar

Hi guys,

We recently got an '08 DTS that came with the stock aluminum rims, the same as pictured here:

1G6KD57YX6U101265-1.jpg

I drive a 1994 STS that currently has the stock satin finish rims on it as pictured here:

A2109511.jpg

Picked up the 18" aluminum spoke DTS rims and are putting them on the DTS for the summer (pictured here:)

bf0506showroom_caddts.gif

Here's my question, does anyone know if the aluminum rims I will be taking off the DTS will fit the '94 STS?

I would love to put them on the 94 for the summer but was hoping someone could confirm/deny whether or not they will fit properly.

Many thanks to any experts that can figure this out for me!

Cheers,

Nathan

The bolt pattern is the same, but you need to check the tire sizes for compatibility (clearances).

Try the Tire Size Calculator at the link below. Note to look at both Side and End views.

Tire Calculator

There is very little "extra" room in the wheel wells of these cars. You can go a bit wider (total 3/4"), but going taller or shorter will effect your speedometer, and may cause shift points to be at undesired RPM's, and possibly hitting wheelwell or suspension parts, particularly when turning tight, or going through driveways.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

NO

The offset is different and they will rub on the strut!

They will rub? Says who?

We have done this swap many, many times. Yes, the offset is slightly different but NO, they will NOT rub. Straight bolt-on.

Incidentally, I installed the 18" wheels with 245/50R-18 tires on a 1992 STS. They rubbed the fender well very slightly (NOT the strut though it was close). I was willing to drill a small hole in the plastic to put a zip tie through and then pull the plastic fender well back slightly, but the (local) customer didn't even want to do that. He said it would just wear down eventually. It's been 2 years and I see him once in awhile. He is delighted with the look and ride of these OEM 2006 18" Cadillac wheels/tires, on his 1992 Cadillac STS. That car is a true 'modern classic'.

cheers,

~Doc

NO

The offset is different and they will rub on the strut!

What are the offsets?

(1994 and 2008 DTS)

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Archived