CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Factory Stereo Swap

dgaouette

I have a 99 Deville Concourse and a 99 Eldorado but the Deville has a CD and RDS while the Eldo does not. I am considering swapping the two stereo heads. Is this a direct plug in or will I need to change the amp and wiring? Thanks

I have a 97 ETC with the Bose AM/FM Cassette which I changed out to an AM/FM cassette CD unit with RDS from a 98 DeVille. It was a direct swap although I did have to send the newer unit to the service depot in Montreal along with the old VIN and my VIN and have the theft lock reprogrammed. It cost me shipping and the service charge to have the programming done but I now have a CD player in the dash that looks like it came from the factory.

Active Audio is a different beast than BOSE. With BOSE, you're guaranteed an amp at each speaker, so according to a fellow member works. The base radio vs. Active Audio design means a amp built into the base radio, or in the trunk. I'm sure your auto with base does not have an amp in the trunk, so when you swap, neither will work.

Wireing is different, and the premium sound system has 5 more speakers (11) where the base only has 6.

This is In addition to the theftloc VIN programming that needs to be done by an authorized Delco repair facility mentioned in the previous post.

If you own an IPOD, Check if you have the CD wireing in the trunk, and get an IPOD2CAR adapter, and forget about CD's. it'll cost much less, and you'll bring your car's soundsystem up to ~2007 vs 1990 with a CD.

Archived