CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I just bought a 94 STS.

Matlock

I just traded the 90 Eldorado for this 94 STS model seville car. It is the four door model. I have kept my eye on these cars for years and got one. It is pretty quick to drive. I want it more powerful. When I push it full from the stoplight it makes a terrible grinding noise and slows down. I went back to the dealer and they dont think anything is bad. i hate the noises and slipping the engine is doing when i do this. The Eldorado didnt do this. This url looks good. Care if I keep on it?

Maybe I am completely off base here but it sounds like the traction control is kicking in due to spinning the tires by flooring it from a stop. That would be normal. I am not sure if you can turn off the traction control on the 1994 model. On my 1996 Seville there is a button in the glove box that you press to turn traction control on and off.

I agree it could be Traction Control, with ABS being applied as you continue to attempt to accelerate. You might want to check the quality of the tires and upgrade if necessary. This would mean less wheel slip as you accelerate hard, and less opportunity for the TC to kick in.[/b][/b]

I am not sure if you can turn off the traction control on the 1994 model. On my 1996 Seville there is a button in the glove box that you press to turn traction control on and off.

You technically can turn off the traction control on a '94 by a combination of button pressing. (Warmer/cooler etc). I'd have to look it up to know which ones.

However, the point of this post is that I believe if you do disable the traction control, then the transmission will only start in second gear, you loose first gear(low).

Barry

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

Archived