CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

window tint

caddykizim

Now that is a job that I would never do (and I like to wallpaper, go figure). Let us know how it goes. Have you done this before, if you have great. Once the spring comes I am going to have mine done. I have not done much research but I was looking at Llumar tints ( www.llumar.com ) and there is a dealer nearby. Having a beige car, I am not sure how it will look with dark tint. I am also curious to see how they put the tint on my oddly curved Deville rear window. Good Luck with it. Mike

Now that is a job that I would never do (and I like to wallpaper, go figure). Let us know how it goes. Have you done this before, if you have great. Once the spring comes I am going to have mine done. I have not done much research but I was looking at Llumar tints ( www.llumar.com ) and there is a dealer nearby. Having a beige car, I am not sure how it will look with dark tint. I am also curious to see how they put the tint on my oddly curved Deville rear window. Good Luck with it. Mike

Dammitt Scotty, I'm a scientist , not a tint guy! LOL

I agree with Mr Scott. I wouldn't try to do that myself either. It's really not that much anyway. The going rate for a first class job on a back window is around 35-40 bucks. I's let a pro do it.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Unless you have experience doing this yourself, i would definitely let a pro do it. I had my complete car all windows done for $150. Not a whole lot of money, but it was done right and has a life time warranty which you won't have doing it yourself. Nothing looks worse than a car with a poor tint job.

Bob D, I'm the chief engineer on the Starship Enterprise NCC-1701 and I can tell you conclusively, THAT is NOT a job that I would tackle! Not even if Spock offers to help....Scotty

Speaking of tint, what percentage tint would look better on a black 98 eldorado? 30% or 25% all around?

Andrew Morris

Dallas, Texas

1998 Black Eldorado:

full custom Borla exhaust

Custom intake

1500 watt Hifonics amp

3 12inch Boston Acoustic G2 subwoofers

I-pod integrated

18 inch Lexani Krystals with Z-rated tires

E&G classics Billet grill

BMW E36 Angel Eye Headlights

Ported SS heads

Speaking of tint, what percentage tint would look better on a black 98 eldorado? 30% or 25% all around?

If you look at the shots of my STS there, you'll see the effect of 13% HP Charcoal on all the rear windows. and 30% on the two front doors. No problems whatsoever, legally (in Ca) or otherwise.

http://caddyinfo.netgetgoing.com/cars/bobd.htm

user posted image

Bob D, I'm the chief engineer on the Starship Enterprise NCC-1701 and I can tell you conclusively, THAT is NOT a job that I would tackle! Not even if Spock offers to help....Scotty

Aye....Wise indeed. (I wouldn't let that green blooded hob-goblin anywhere near my caddy!!) Not in this galaxy or any other! LOL

user posted image

If you look up about two posts ^, there might be a clue for you...

I drive that thing in 100+ degree long hot summer days here in Northen Ca., and the percentage I'm using, 13/30 (on a lot of my rides) works great.

user posted image

do you have any trouble seeing out the back at night with 13%?

I was thinking 20% all-around.

I LOVE how your caddy looks though....

Well that depends on where you are. In well lit parking lots, no. Backing up in unlit area's (like home).. a bit. I've been thinking about increasing the wattage of the backup lights, but it's not a big deal, really. What I especially like, along with the electro-dimming rear view mirror is how even bright headlights behind me (you know, the guy losing the race..LOL) don't bother me at all.

It's all a matter of getting used to..but in all practicality, you'd probably be happy with 20%. You might want to go with 30% on the front door windows, unless Georgia law is more leniant than California. If you go darker than 30% here, they frown on it...

user posted image

Archived