CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

FPR

Ebby

What are the signs when the FPR. is going south?My 97 is hard to start after it sits for bit when hot.I checked the reg. by pulling off the vac. line and found no gas.If I am sitting at a red light and keep very little pressure on the brake to just hold the car still the car is very jerky? no black smoke out the pipes. Thanks

A good sign that the FPR is no good is after the car has been sitting, you go to start it, and it cranks longer than normal. Once it is started and you turn it off, and then try starting again, it will start right up. It is only after the car has been sitting for a period of time that I noticed the FPR was bad. It never showed any signs of leakage. Just pop the original one out, and put the new one on and you will be on your way. I hope this helps.

Bill....

Larry

I have not checked the EGR yet.What signs do I look for if it is not working properly?

Poor idle I believe. Be sure when you clean it not to allow the solvent (carb cleaner) to run down into the can. It will destroy it. Hold it up right so the solvent runs down toward the pintle. Soot on it is ok, as long as the pintle moves freely and doesn't stick. Caked carbon should be cleaned off. Pintle should be spring loaded in the closed position. If it sticks open that may be your problem.

Archived