CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2001 Deville Theft System

moses

Hello.. I am having this problem with my 2001 cadillac deville.. The theft system was showing service theft system on the message panel so i read up on the problem and changed the theft deterent module that is located by the key lock n tumbler..this however did not solve the problem i scanned it and came up with a 1631 code wich means theft system code is incorect so i followed the procedure that my snap on solis scanner told me to do and cleared the code the right way..but agn the car will not start !! Can some one please help i have come to the end of my thoughts and skill.. I checked the battery and all relays n fuses they all checked out fine. The keys on the new devilles do not have the chip on them like the old ones did so i ruled that out.. The ignition switch seems to be fine also..Help!! Thanks for looking at this post and for any help.. :)

P1631 - Theft Deterrent Start Enable Signal Not Correct

I think after you changed the module you need to get the module to relearn your key code. The procedure is in the owners manual for replacement keys.

Archived