CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

automatic locks

Hi.

It's a 91 STS. 102,000 California no rust at all!

The automatic door locks are not locking when we shift out of park, and not unlocking when we shift back to park.

Not a real big deal,, but there's more.

The alarm feature is blinking all the time when it is parked, and we cannot activate it,

The resistor ignition key is working fine.

All door locks work from the panel switches and also fine from the remote fobs.

The trunk is opening from the fobs and the button in the glove box.

All the doors will activate the interior lights when opened.

If it turns out to be one of the computer modules, it is lost up under the left side and very hard to get to.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Bob Bernard

That makes it a bit more difficult. Is it programmable on the '91? Was battery power recently pulled?

So far I have no idea if it could be programmable. I supposed it might be as I reprogrammed the ride control off as in non exixtant a number of years ago.

Battery power not disconnected for a few years and cleaned the cables completely back then too.

Been having some surgery recently so I'm not up to laying around the drivers sear. Today I will take a close look at fuses.

Thanks,

BobB

The owners manual will tell you if it is programmable and if so, how to do it. I know it is on my car, but not sure on the early '90's.

Thanks,

I'll look since I have the manual in the living room right now. Coffee table reading material,,, :lol:

The owners manual will tell you if it is programmable and if so, how to do it. I know it is on my car, but not sure on the early '90's.

Thanks,

I'll look since I have the manual in the living room right now. Coffee table reading material,,, :lol:

OK fuses are good.

I also checked the door ajar message for each door and it works.

Bob B

Archived