CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

EBCTM

quadsourcemark

Hello everyone,

As some of you know I've been chasing some TCS / ABS issues for a couple weeks now. I hope I can get it to the dealer this week and pay the $90.00 diagnostics fee. I'm thinking it may be the EBTCM. If they verify it's bad I'll be changing it. Anyone know what I can expect when changing it? It looks some what accessable. My only concern is the brake lines going in. Will it require a full brake bleed?

Thanks,

Mark

Thats good info. My issue now is when or just before the TCS / ABS light comes on my car starts surging and jerking. Am I right thinking the EBCTM is causing the eratic drivability? Can I unplug the connectors and run it without the TCS / ABS connected? I just want the car to stop surging and sputtering until verfy the problem. I almost got killed rolling into traffic today.

Thanks,

Mark

Follow Franney's posts and links. There was a problem with older models that were caused by the rear console blower in the high position. It would set a false code. I'm guessing your surging issue is because the car starts off in 2nd gear with the traction control off.

Follow Franney's posts and links. There was a problem with older models that were caused by the rear console blower in the high position. It would set a false code. I'm guessing your surging issue is because the car starts off in 2nd gear with the traction control off.

Ok I look further.

Thanks,

Mark

If you do decide on replacing the EBTCM, check ebay. There area few '97 modules on there for $180 with no-DOA guarantees. Big savings if you go that route. go to ebay and run a search for "seville abs" and it will pop up.

Hello everyone,

As some of you know I've been chasing some TCS / ABS issues for a couple weeks now. I hope I can get it to the dealer this week and pay the $90.00 diagnostics fee. I'm thinking it may be the EBTCM. If they verify it's bad I'll be changing it. Anyone know what I can expect when changing it? It looks some what accessable. My only concern is the brake lines going in. Will it require a full brake bleed?

Thanks,

Mark

I seen in the caddy info forums were someone had an issue with his TCS / ABS and some how determined it was the EBTCM. He wanted to have the unit re-conditioned and wanted to know if he could remove it and still operate his car. He was told yes but to cover the connector to keep it from getting dirty. Well as some of you know I've had TCS / ABS issues after some exhaust welding. Anyway the TCS / ABS issues were affecting drivability. This causing my car to sputter and surge at random. So today I disconnected the EBTCM connector. I drove it 20-25 min with no drivability issues. Now with that said could it still be a wiring or PCM issue? Also premium gas verse regular unleaded...can I run either? One other thing...on EBay they sell an aluminum elbow with an opened K&N style filter. Any benefit in regards to fuel economy or performance. I'm not sure if that set-up will offer the protection of stock filter. I was not sure if I should lump questions together or break them up for future searches. Thank you all for your continued help :D

Best regards,

Mark

Archived