CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Caddy needs a new cat, Grand Prix.....gets some upgrades

Well guys thought I would stop in to say hi and read up on the forum a bit. The Caddy has a bit of a cat problem (SES light on and it rattles really bad) so that is on the list of repairs.

My Grand Prix on the otherhand is on the up and up, so far I have the new downpipe on, a GM Performance Parts resonator (guy threw that in with the downpipe), did a custom air intake, have a 180 TSTAT/Colder plugs to combat KR (3800 SC engines VERY prone to KR). Next on the list is a smaller pulley (3.8 down to 3.5 to give an extra 6lbs of boost from the ~9-10 it produces now) and PEMs (Ported exhaust manifolds).

Should bring me well into the 13 second quarter mile!

Did a bunch of runs with a little race gas in the tank at the 1/4 mile track NYIRP.com to make sure I got no knock, best time was a 14.562 @ 95.45 mph

th_slip.jpg

Still drive the caddy form time to time, and despite it being slower than the Grand Prix the northstar still brings a smile to my face and the soft ride a break from all the bumps of the highway.

Ah maybe an STS-V or CTS-V down the very long road for me or my father :P Some may say I'm sick, but I like 4 doors that move!

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Archived