CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ABS Circuit and Digital Dash Question

kad3338

The Good: I bought a nice running '95 Sedan Deville in good shape from an old guy with 113k miles for $1,000. The trans was shifting harsh throughout the gears and I think the PO thought the tranny was on its way out. After replacing the front motor mount and trans vacuum modulator hose it now shifts like you'd expect a Cadillac to, smooth!

The Bad: Over past weekend I cleaned front of motor bay, between engine & radiator with degreaser & garden hose. Two day later car would not start, dead battery! I charged up battery and it started fine, took it to Autozone and had battery & alt checked, all checked out ok. Also checked all terminal connections, nice n tight with no corrosion.

The Ugly: I pulled codes and get I032 & T021, related to ABS system. Also noticed the digital dash was coming on intermittantly with car turned off and key out of ignition! I think the dash coming on is what drained the battery. I ended up pulling the ABS maxi fuse which stopped the dash light from coming on when car is turned off and I can now drive around, sans ABS. I don't understand the link between the ABS circuit and the dash going crazy, any suggestions? Also, any suggestions for dealing with the ABS problem, I'm not familiar with this system? I was going to try to disconnect the large wiring harness running out of the ABS module this weekend and see if any water got in there, any suggestions are appreciated!!!

Kirk

Archived