CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

XM Radio, I Pod, Satilite FM

For those of us that have the older faster STS (2001) without any optiions for this kind of option, what are the options without changing the current system. I have the Bose blaa blaa blaa in her now. There are no easy connects (duh). Is there some kind of after market out of the way(no see) quick install thingy for us poor old Caddy owners.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

A couple of options: 1. Get a FM Transmitter (sometimes work great other times not so great, you can modify them to put out a little more juice just google for it) 2. Get a Tape deck adapter, I believe Radio Shack has them for $20, you get great reception but poor sound quality.

Both of those plug right into the headphone jack, although I have seen some that plug directly into the dock of the ipod.

good luck,

peter

Thanks Peter. I don't mind spending top dollar for something that works. If there are any other ideas..please post.

Rick

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

• 5 weeks later...

Hey I know this is a month old topic but I just stumbled onto something that I purchased. Still waiting for it to arrive as soon as I got it hooked up I'll let you know how and if it works. You can see for yourself by going on the ebay website and searching "aux input converter". The way it works is you plug it into the back of your deck ( I assume ) or wherever the CD changer would normally plug into. I believe that it would be on the back of the head unit for my 99 STS or your 01. You run a positve and negative power supply to it (12v) and you plug in an RCA cable with whatever end piece you want ie. Ipod, 3.5mm headphone jack for Sirius (Stern Rules.... bababoowe !!! lol) or XM (BOOOO!!!) and the unit thinks its a CD changer and allows you to play everything with 100% digital sound. That's the idea anyways I'll let you know if it actually works. I got mine for $66 U.S plus shipping. Really hope it works. Let me know what you think if you've ever heard of those or know ayone who tried it.

I do have a question for anyone that might know. How do you get the deck out in this thing??? The old (95) STS was super easy this one I'm kinda stumped I don't want to start braking clips here. I don't even know how to get the shifter knob off LOL. Any help or input really appreciated.

Archived