CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Couple of code questions

MrEl01

Evening Gents. I ran my codes today a had a couple of them I am not sure of what they are or what to do about them. If ya'll could enlighten me, I would be most greatful. The first on is IRC U1301-class 2 short to battery. Okay, but what is supposed to be shorted ? The second one is RFA U1604-loss of communication with DIM. Alright, what is not talking to what. If I am not mistaken this code has something to do with the radio. but as far as I can tell it works fine. I dont believe either of the codes are serious, but I would like to know what they are. The only thing that I have changed is to disable the daytime running lights. Could that have something to do with the first code? Thanks in advance.

Duff

Regarding the IRC U1301-class 2 short to battery, clean the battery posts, particularly the positive side and cable and reconnect. Could be loss of communications. A similar code (I052) will occur when my Eldorado has a bad battery connection. In other words, it can create communications problems with the PCM. I'm just giving you some input and I'm not sure cleaning the battery posts will fix the problem but I would begin there.

It's late. I'm tired. Maybe this will help get you started. I didn't find any results for U1604.

Regards,

Warren

P.S. A "Short to Voltage" can sometimes mean an open ground.

DTC U1301

Circuit Description

Modules connected to the class 2 serial data circuit monitor for serial data communications during normal vehicle operation. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the modules. In addition to this, Node Alive (State of Health) messages are transmitted by each module on the class 2 serial data circuit about once every two seconds. When the module detects no messages and a high voltage on the class 2 serial data circuit for approximately three seconds, U1301 is set and the setting of all other class 2 serial communication DTCs is inhibited.

Conditions for Running the DTC

The following diagnostic trouble codes do

not have a current status:

B1982

B1983

The vehicle power mode (ignition switch position) requires serial data communication to occur.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

No valid messages are detected on the class 2 serial data circuit.

The voltage level detected on the class 2 serial data circuit is high.

The above conditions are met for approximately three seconds.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

The module inhibits the setting of all other class 2 DTCs.

The module uses default values for all parameters received on the class 2 serial data circuit.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

A current U1301 will clear when a valid class 2 message is detected on the class 2 serial data circuit or at the end of the current ignition cycle.

A history U1301 will clear upon receipt of a scan tool Clear DTCs command.

Diagnostic Aids

This DTC cannot be retrieved with a current status. The diagnosis of a current U1301 is accomplished via the symptom, Scan Tool Does Not Communicate with Class 2 Device .

An intermittent condition is likely to be caused by a short to voltage on the class 2 serial data circuit. Refer to Scan Tool Does Not Communicate with Class 2 Device procedure to isolate an intermittent condition.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived