CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

schematics/tech.diagrams for 1993 deville

Sure. Get yourself a FSM (Factory Service Manual) by Helm Inc. Ebay is your friend.

Thank You,

Larry and please don't take this wrong but,I don't have the cash right now to purchase aN FSM. I wish I did.

I have a steering column question,namely a ground wire that has no home that I know of.I was hopeing to

find a source to enable a quick look at the wire schematic for my problem.Again, thank you for the swift reply.

i have the FSM's for the 93 Eldo/STS.

If they are similar to the Deville (can anyone confirm this?) i would be willing to scan and post.

If you are in complete control..... you are not going fast enough....

I have a 93 Deville FSM.

What is the wire?

Where is it coming from?

Why is it hanging out?

Did you try to modify something and have a wire left over?

Is there anything in the car that no longer works because of this orphaned wire?

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

I have a 93 Deville FSM.

What is the wire?

Where is it coming from?

Why is it hanging out?

Did you try to modify something and have a wire left over?

Is there anything in the car that no longer works because of this orphaned wire?

Good afternoon thu!

The wire in question is flesh tone in color and has a brass connector that is fastened to the column.The other end of the wire shows about a quarter in. of bare core. It's origin is the question. The car had bein tampered with about a year ago namely a theif!.The owner at the time had someone install a used harness,I susspect the telescoping action of the column along with day to day use required the harness to be less static in it's fatening assembly. I found the harness to be tie straped down about every six inches. I shut the car off one night,and apon my return I found that when I put the key in and turned the ignition , the starter was dead. All lights and dash alerts functioned. And the dash light at the lower left consule area flashing SECURITY had me worried

that mabey a theif had tampered with it.Going thru all the known criteria and brochures availible I duct under the dash again and took with me a mirrorand flash light. On the top of the column about six inches forward from the column mounting assembly I found the wire in question.I have purchased a resistor

key thinking the one I had might be worn,not the proplem.I have sought information from the local dealer and they thumbed their nose with a bring it in reply.I am strapped for cash at the moment.I have a backgroound in automobile service and repair along with industrial/commercial electrical installation and maintenance. I not want to harm the ECM or PCM by aimlessly fingering around. The battery has bein disconected and the column unfastened to relax on the seat. Any help would be greatly appriciated, a picture of the factory assembly would aid in my quest.Again thank you.

Now reading this i think that that particular wire could be a cause but it could very well always have been there and never served any purpose.

Personally i would start with diagnosing the Passkey module (security)

Thu will no doubt have the procedure for it in his FSM.

Good luck with troubleshooting this one!

If you are in complete control..... you are not going fast enough....

Juding from your description, we're not going to troubleshoot this remotely. This is going to involve lots of my time and dozens of FSM pages. You'll just have to bite the bullet and get an FSM. Scanning in all those pages is going to be a severe pain. Sorry about that.

Good Luck.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

Now reading this i think that that particular wire could be a cause but it could very well always have been there and never served any purpose.

Personally i would start with diagnosing the Passkey module (security)

Thu will no doubt have the procedure for it in his FSM.

Good luck with troubleshooting this one!

Good afternoon Cyr,

I thank you for your input,a diagnosis of the passkey module could very well solve the problem,I am however interested in that the wire could be one that

was never used?Is this common in this area for GMC.Cadillac in that it is for a particular item that was not issued with this model .Thu's material may show this,or show a home for it's origin.At any rate the feed back from all of you is greatly appericiated and inspireing this littlte problem at this is a major glitch

in my life.May I ask you Cyr do you have any relitives in California? I have a very dear freind with Cyr as a last name.He is curently in the throws of promoting a book he wrote.A very thoughtful person such as yourself,Again thamk you!

Juding from your description, we're not going to troubleshoot this remotely. This is going to involve lots of my time and dozens of FSM pages. You'll just have to bite the bullet and get an FSM. Scanning in all those pages is going to be a severe pain. Sorry about that.

Good Luck.

I truely understand.If by chance would it be possible to see just the one page of the electrical schematic or blow-up diagram for the steering column.

The item that I am searching for will be clearly noted on a factory electrical /mechanical diagram.If not,I will walk...to work and wait until I can afford

to purchase a FSM. At any rate I would like to thank all of you for your time and interest in my problem,it has bein a lot of fun and very interesting to

speak to people that have a common goal of helping people.My hats off to all at Caddyinfo.com, it's a great forum.

Archived