CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

93 deville

wattsie

Have 93 sedan deville 4.9. It is sing small amount of anti-freeze every two weeks, not leaking, not going in engine oil. Loud bearing like sound coming from water pump are area. Car has 131,000 km. Am I looking for a water pump change soon? If so what pump brand should I buy? Thanks

likely so... when it does go out, only get a new water pump from Cadillac. if you buy aftermarket, you will spend that half off that you saved, to get another one in 6 months. even if it has a lifetime warranty, it's still about $150 to have it put on!

Yes, you need a new water pump ASAP. When it finally goes, the pulley will come flying off, and you'll lose alll your coolant. You can change it yourself if have a 1/4" drive set. Just be VERY careful not to over torque the bolts. They strip easily. Just get them snug.

Just replaced a CarQuest pump that lasted 11 months. I think maybe the aftermarket guys skimp on the bearings?! Got one at local Caddy dealer for $180 but if you have the time, check out GM Parts direct or Brasington. They have them for around $90.

Archived