CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ticking sound

sammi

I started the 95 seville sts for the first time since fall and it had a ticking sound coming fromthe back of the engine. Toward the firewall best heard from under the front door. At first i suspected the worst and thought it was a rod bearing. However, after running it a while the problem disapeared. I suspect it is an exhaust leak. Is there a part of the system that is prone to pinhole leaks. It has 99,500 miles and was always babied. My wife drove it mostly and she thinks 3000 rpm is redlined.

Probably just cold carbon rap. When I started mine up this afternoon it rattled like a diesel. If it had not been for this board I'd be really worried. Looks like it's do for a good whoop'in :)

I must admit though, I still don't understand cold carbon rap. I understand the concept. Carbon build up on the cylinder head and the piston contacting it, but when did this carbon build up? It wasn't knocking when I shut it down yesterday. So did this carbon build up overnight while it was shut down? :huh: Gremlins? :lol:

So take it out and "hammer" it a few times to burn the carbon out.

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Archived