CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

4 CYLINDER V-8

Hello everyone i'm new to this place so any help is much appreciated. My problem is with a '91Seville. i have stripped the inside and put a rollcage in it. I race on a dirt track. it has a 4.9 liter . It will not run on all 8 cylinders unless the BCM and ECM are grounded. Is this supposed to be this way or will it burn something up? if one or the other is not grounded it will run on only 4 cylinders. The steering column is from a '92 Sedan Deville if this makes a difference. These cars will fly on the dirt. My brother in law has a'94 seville with a northstar and its always a good race between him and the lincoln Intech car.

If it runs on all 8 with the ECM grounded, and only on 4 when ungrounded, why are you concerned? Normal or not, as long as it runs right with the ECMs properly grounded, why try to run it otherwise?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Seville's on a dirt track???? You put wings on 'em??? You gotta post some action pics! Specially with the tail out on those curves!!

Front wheel drives don't put the tail out very much unless your about to spin. I have some pics and video I will try to put on. Gotta to beat those Proge GT's and SHO's.

Archived