CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Driver side Back wheel Oddity

Marika

Today, as the mechanic was changing over my tires he noticed that the disc brake assembly was loose. It wobbled as he shook it. It was the only wheel that did this, the other three were tight. He and another mechanic and the owner examined the wheel assembly, tightened a bolt and it appeared to be fine.

This is, by the way, the same wheel that had the snapped bolt that holds the lower section of the strut into the knuckle.

Could there be something wrong with the assembly that would have caused the strut bolt to snap and the disc brake assembly to come loose?

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Not enough information for me to say what exactly happened, but I can tell you this. I had a situation where a customer had a wheel balance problem, and we found a "loose bolt" like you describe. It was on the rear, and I think the customer had this balance problem for quite some time. Minor tire balance problems on the rear of a front driver, can go unnoticed for some time. It is a point to ponder.

Archived