CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

changing brake pads...

98deville

1976 cadillac eldorado

Is there anything that I should know before jacking this car up and doing it. I'll be changing the front and rear possibly the rotors too. any special tools required? What about jacking the car up, whats a good jack to do it with that won't give up? what all should I inspect.

1976 cadillac eldorado

Is there anything that I should know before jacking this car up and doing it. I'll be changing the front and rear possibly the rotors too. any special tools required? What about jacking the car up, whats a good jack to do it with that won't give up? what all should I inspect.

Use a GOOD set of jackstands to support your car. DON'T work on it while it's only on the jack.

Clean and lube the pad grooves and the caliper sliders with the proper caliper grease, use brand name pads and rotors, open the bleeders to let fluid out while pushing the pistons back into the calipers and if you do the rears use a proper tool for turning the pistons back into the calipers ('76?).

AND WHEN YOU'RE FINISHED STEP ON THE BRAKE PEDAL BEFORE YOU START YOUR CAR!

A good brake job is easy to do.

1976 cadillac eldorado

Use a GOOD set of jackstands to support your car. DON'T work on it while it's only on the jack.

Clean and lube the pad grooves and the caliper sliders with the proper caliper grease, use brand name pads and rotors, open the bleeders to let fluid out while pushing the pistons back into the calipers and if you do the rears use a proper tool for turning the pistons back into the calipers ('76?).

AND WHEN YOU'RE FINISHED STEP ON THE BRAKE PEDAL BEFORE YOU START YOUR CAR!

A good brake job is easy to do.

Thanks,

for the rear will it need that special tool (the cube one I think) for the piston?

Archived