CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

P0171 & P0174 Runnig rich, both banks

Rickster

Any idea what would set this DTC. Had oil changed yesterday. Could it be posible that it might be burning off some excess oil? I see on invoice - 8 liters of 5w-30w. About 1/2 ltr more than needed.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Check those codes; the numbers you gave are for lean - not rich.

If you are convinced of the connection between the oil change and the codes, there are some items to check under the hood when both banks are reported lean; vacuum leaks, vacuum hose knocked loose from a connection, PCV valve, oil filler cap, dipstick.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I'll check that stuff right away. Ya. I mean lean. I'll get back to you in a bit.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Did the oil change dudes have the engine air filter box open?

Yup. It was loose. Tightened her up and codes gone. A few WOT's around the block and still gone. Gotta love this site. Thanks Jim. I owe you a beer.

Rick

Well done. A cold Canadian and we are square.

I'm having it now and thinkin of you.

Hockey game about to start. Gotta kick some Disneyland Duck Butts.

Archived