CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

UG1 Universal Overhead Garage Door Opener

Va Maddog

I have followed the step-by-step in the owners manual four times. It seems to clear/reset ok - after 30 seconds or so the solid light goes to a fast flash. The next step - matching the new Gar Door transmitter freq is what does not seem to work. Owners manual says press and hold the button you want to match the door opener with and at the same time press and hold the door transmitter while holding it very close to the in car unit. Book says that after a period (up to 90 sec) the solid light will again go to a fast flash at which time it should be programmed. What happens with mine is that after only 10 seconds or even less it goes to a fast flash, but it won't open the door. So it tells me via the fast flash that it has been programmed, but then it does not work.

I do not have my service manuals yet, so I have no additional troubleshooting guide to follow. I have not tried to remove the overhead unit. Any help is appreciated.

OK, here goes: if you do have the rolling code receiver, you have to train your GDO.

"This procedure is for training the customer's rolling code garage door openers to the garage door opener (GDO) transmitter. The GDO must already be programmed to the hand-held transmitter. The training process below must be completed within 30 seconds or the training process must be repeated.

1. Locate the TRAIN button on the garage door opener receiver. Follow instructions for the garage door opener in order to know when the unit is in train mode.

2. Return to the GDO transmitter in the vehicle and press the button that you want programmed 3 times for the button (1 second each time).

3. Re-press the button in order to verify that the GDO transmitter is programmed.

You may use either the hand-held transmitter or the GDO in order to open the garage door. The GDO is compatible with most, but not all types and brands of transmitters. If a compatibility conflict occurs with a transmitter, call HomeLink at 1-800-355-3515.

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

Thanks Jeff and Lou! The GDO is now working on both garage doors! It did not program exactly the way you described it, but my son and I fiddled around with it a few times after I dug out the door opener manuals to find the secret "learn" button and it works like a champ now. I did have rolling code door openers.

This board is a great place. It is fantastic that so many of you take the time to respond to questions. Mike.

Archived