CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Prices for a Quart of Oil

Is it me, or have prices per quart of oil remained high despite dropping per barrel oil prices. Before the peek $30-plus per barrel increase a quart Quaker State cost less than $2 per quart--yet Quaker State, to name one, remains over over $2 per quart ($2.18 in Wal-Mart) despite dropping oil prices. If it me, or have prices per quart of oil remained high?

It is not you. I noticed the same thing. I have also noticed the price of kerosene still at $2.79 a gallon while gas was $2.14. My Uncle said fuel oil in Indiana was still high also. I am also surprised at the price of diesel. Why is it higher than gasoline anyway isn't it easier to refine than gas?

I went to a local auto parts store to get oil and filters for my three cars this weekend (this is near San Jose, CA), and everything was over $3 a quart. I know I could have gone to a big box or discount store of some kind, but I hate those crowded huge places. Anyway, it wasn't worth it to change my own oil. Found a local shop and let them do it while I watched ....

Archived