CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

rear view mirrors

help, this past week end some punk ripped both side mirrors foward, breaking them off my eldo. They still are in one piece, just hanging by the wires. does anyone know how to remount them? do you have to take the door panel off or what? also, are they interchangable with any other year/modle? Please email me at fredski53@cs.com

thanks, Fred

help, this past week end some punk ripped both side mirrors foward, breaking them off my eldo. They still are in one piece, just hanging by the wires. does anyone know how to remount them? do you have to take the door panel off or what? also, are they interchangable with any other year/modle? Please email me at fredski53@cs.com

thanks, Fred

I feel your pain. That's a really terrible thing to do.

I hope people are e-mailing you although for the most part, they would be posting their answers in forum.

When I took off my door panel of my 92 Seville, the bolts for the mirrors were clearly visible.

Without seeing photographs of the damage to the mirrors, it's hard to say if they can be repaired or if they need to be replaced. Also, sometimes, when someone does that type of deliberate damage, the skin of the car is sometimes damaged as well because it gets bent slightly in the direction that the mirrors were forced in. Check that out too while you're examining the damage.

As for what other years would interchange with your car, if no one can answer your question on this forum, your local auto body shop can give you that answer, as can a Cadillac dealership and auto insurance companies usually have access to a data base where they too can look it up for you. I know Allstate has access to a nationwide data base of used parts so if you have Allstate you might get lucky.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived