CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ALLDATA DIY service - not bad!

The_Raven

Howyadoin,

Just thought I'd clue ya to a service I just bought. It's from ALLDATA, who's got a good reputation for having pretty comprehensive data available, but at a hefty price... Worth it if you're working on a variety of vehicles all the time, but not for a fleet of one.

They've got a service called ALLDATA DIY, which allows you to buy a subscription for a single vehicle for $24.95 a year. Additional vehicles are $14.95/yr. I bought a subscription for my '96 SLS while I'm waiting for my factory manuals to arrive, and was very happy with the level of detail. Worth checking out, IMHO...

www.alldatadiy.com

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

The Tempe, AZ, library has ALLDATA as a free service. You just pay 10 cents a page for print outs. Check YOUR local library for similar access.

Autozone is also including/selling a link to ALLDATA with some purchases.

By the way, they have a fairly current list of TSB's and Recalls for most makes and models, foreign and domestic.

I particularily like their electrical drawings, which don't look too good on the PC, but print very nice.

Jim

Jim in Phoenix

Howyadoin,

D'Oh! Never would have thought of the library! Good call, I'll look into that... I like having the Caddy at my fingertips, but why spend another $15 for my wife's Rodeo? Thanks for the tip!

-Rav

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

Archived