CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Suspension Position Sensor

ronalddts

I believe the rear of the car has only one sensor, while there are seperate sensors for the front wheels...I am just going from memory here, and that memory may be from my Lincoln Mark VIII, so hopefully someone else will chime in.

Charles

Charles

How do you adjust this sensor on a 2000 DTS. Will adjusting the LR sensor affect the others.

Thanks.

There is no adjustment available unless you are willing to drill new mounting holes in the subframe or sensor. Or fabricate a different length connecting rod.

For rear ride height, the LR sensor is the only one involved. For CVRSS, each strut/shock uses the signal from the respective wheel position sensor.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

How do you adjust this sensor on a 2000 DTS. Will adjusting the LR sensor affect the others.

Thanks.

There is no adjustment available unless you are willing to drill new mounting holes in the subframe or sensor. Or fabricate a different length connecting rod.

For rear ride height, the LR sensor is the only one involved. For CVRSS, each strut/shock uses the signal from the respective wheel position sensor.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Still trying to get the rear end down a little.It sets 1'' higher than the front. Don't get any codes that any thing is wromg.

The lack of codes means the compressor and exhaust valve control system thinks everything is as it should be.

Maybe a previous owner modified the sensor mounting position or the connecting rod length?

Maybe the rear is at specified height and the front has been modified?

Tires are all the same size?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived