CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

PCV issues

fs98sim

Hi all, I have a 2002 STS 4.6L N*. Yesterday i was doing some regular maintenance on my car (oil change, air filter etc.) I wanted to replace the PCV valve but had the hardest time trying to pull it out of the cam cover. Eventually I gave up with fear of cracking the cam cover. Now can someone tell me if im in the right area? What appears to be the PCV valve is located on the passenger side on the rear cam cover. Is this right? If someone has a picture of the valve in the engine can you please post it. I grabbed it with a wrench, i tried to pry it up with a screwdriver. It would not budge. It almost looks like its built in to the cam cover.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mario

2002 STS

76k miles

I just checked mine and that looks like it, though like yours it is set in pretty tight. I could see what appears to be the check valve down inside. I can't imagine that they would put it on the other rnd of that hose as it runs under tha manifold. Personall, I would not bother with it. I have yet to see one that needed replacement.

I just checked mine and that looks like it, though like yours it is set in pretty tight. I could see what appears to be the check valve down inside. I can't imagine that they would put it on the other rnd of that hose as it runs under tha manifold. Personall, I would not bother with it. I have yet to see one that needed replacement.

Thanks for the reply Ranger. I cant see Gm putting it under the manifold also. But the only reason why i really wanted to replace it was because the car has 76000 miles on it and i dont know when it was last replaced. When i have some time to fuss with it again ill give it another try since i have already bought the PCV valve. :)

Archived